Visiting a new church can be intimidating: What should I wear? Where do I park? Where do my kids go?
We understand the many thoughts that can come from visiting a church, so we want you to feel like an honored guest when you attend one of our worship gatherings. Below are some frequently asked questions. If you have any additional questions, feel free to contact us in the church office ahead of time, and we'll be happy to address them.
When is the worship service?
- Sunday at 10:30 a.m.
What should I wear?
- We are thrilled that you are joining us, and we want you to be more focused on the service than on what you're wearing. There is no uniformity of dress among our people, and we'll be happy to welcome you regardless of your clothing.
How do I get to First Baptist Church?
- We are conveniently located at 724 N. Main Street in Mishawaka, just north of Mishawaka Avenue. You can't miss the red brick building with the pillars! See a map of our location.
Where should I park?
- We have two parking lots: a front lot right off Main Street and a back lot just behind our building. There is more parking in the back lot, but both lots have Guest Parking for your convenience.
Where do my children go?
- Our Nursery (infant-1 yr.) is on the main hallway toward the Sanctuary. Tiny Tots (2-3 yrs.) and Children's Church (4-6 yrs.) are on the children's wing on the lower level. Children 7-9 yrs. begin in the Worship Service with their parents, then go to a Jr. Church service after the singing for age-appropriate teaching. One of our greeters would be happy to help you find the right place to go!
Am I expected to put money in the offering?
- We practice Biblical stewardship principles at First Baptist, which includes giving regularly to our church as God has blessed. However, if you are visiting with us, we don't expect you to put money in the offering, and you are welcome to just let it pass you by.